26. The minimum number of geostationary satellites needed for uninterrupted global coverage is
Arthur C. Clarke in an article published in Wireless World in October 1945 established that a minimum of 3 satellites placed at 120o to each other would be able to give an uninterrupted global coverage. Each satellite in this can see 42% of earth's surface. Such an orbit is known as Clarke's orbit
27. The best conductor of electricity among the following is
28. Breeding and management of bees is known as
Sericulture is the breeding of silkworm, pisciculture - breeding of fishes and silviculture is a branch of forestry concerned with the theory and practice of controlling forest establishment, composition, and growth.
29. The vitamin necessary for coagulation of blood is
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin E
30. Which one of the following is not a computer network?
- Wide area network
- Local are network
- Personal network
- Metropolitan area network
31. When a group of computers is connected together in a small area without the help of telephone lines, it is called?
- Remote Communication Network (RCN)
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Value Added Network (VAN)
32. Which one of the following elements is used in the manufacture of fertilizers?
33. Natural rubber is the polymer of
34. In addition to hydrogen, the other abundant element present on Sun's surface is?
The chief source of energy in the Sun is nuclear fusion of hydrogen atoms. Hydrogen atoms continuously fuse with each other to form Helium and will continue to do so till all the hydrogen atoms are exhausted.
35. Which of the following is the major constituent of LPG?
36. Flight Recorder is technically called?
- Dark box
- Blind box
- Black box
- Altitude meter
Though it is called the Black Box, the flight data recorder is bright orange in color to facilitate its spotting after a crash.
37. Santosh Trophy is associated with
38. Kathakali classical dance originated in
39. The name of the 'Cargo Ship' which sank off Mumbai coast recently, causing oil spill in the Arabian Sea, was
- Sagar Jyoti
- MSC Chitra
- Golden Eagle
40. The first effective vaccine against polio was prepared by
- JH Gibbon
- Jonas E Salk
- Robert Edwards
- James Simpson
Do see this interesting page on discovery of other vaccines by clicking here
41. Who discovered sea route to India via the 'Cape of Good Hope'?
- Vasco da Gama
- Christopher Columbus
- John Cabot
42. The 16 year-old school boy, Arjun Vajpai, who became the youngest Indian to successfully climb the world's highest peak, Mount Everest, on May 22, 2010, is from which state?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- National Capital Territory of Delhi
43. Which one of the following is an 'Air-to-Air' missile?
44. Yuan is the currency of
45. IUCN categorised major threatened species under
- seven classes
- five classes
- six classes
- four classes
International Union for Conservation of Nature species classes - Extinct, Extinct in the Wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Near Threatened, Least Concern.
46. Minamata disease was caused by
47. Ozone layer is present in
48. The National Integration Council (NIC) is chaired by the
- Prime Minister
- Finance Minister
- Home Minister
- President of India
49. The first atomic bomb was thrown over
- Hong Kong
50. Which of the following countries has entered into an agreement with for the supply of Advanced Jet Trainer (HAWK)?