SSC Grad. Level Exam 2011 (2)
1. The common tree species in Nilgiri Hills is:
2. Which of the following statements on Railway Budget 2011-12 is correct?
- There would be a 10% increase in fares for long distance train travel both by AC and NON-AC classes
- There would be 15% increase in freight rates on all goods other than food grains
- There would be 15% increase in passenger fares for all classes for long distance and freights
- There would be no increase in fares for both suburban and long distance travel
3. The nuclear reactors which were damaged heavily due to strong Earthquake-cum-Tsunami that hit Japan on March 11, 2011 causing radiation leakage at:
- None of them
4. The maximum limit on poll expenditure for Assembly Constituencies has been raised in February, 2011 to
- 16 lakhs
- 18 lakhs
- 20 lakhs
- 25 lakhs
5. First Indian Prime Minister to visit Siachen was?
- Rajiv Gandhi
- Inder Kumar Gujaral
- Mammohan Singh
- None of them
6. Which of the following books has been written by Kishwar Desai?
- The Red Devil
- Witness the night
- Tonight this Savage Rite
- Earth and Ashes
7. Which of the following folk / tribal dances is associated with Karnataka?
8. Who of the following received the Sangeet Natak Academi's Ustad Bismillah Khan Puraskar for 2009 in theatre?
- Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar
- Ragini chander sarkar
- Abanti Chakraborty and Sukracharjya Rabha
- K Nellai Maniknandan
9. Which of the following country did not win any of the FIFA cup in 2002, 2006 and 2010?
- South Africa
10. Who invented vaccination for small pox?
- Sir Frederick Grant Banting
- Sir Alexander Fleming
- Edward Jenner
- Loius Pasteur
11. Who was the first Indian to become the member of British parliament?
- Bankim Chandra Chaterjee
- W C Banerjee
- Dadabhai Naoroji
- None of the above
12. The purchase of shares and bonds of Indian companies by Foreign Institutional Investors is called?
- Portfolio Investment
- NRI Investment
- Foreign Indirect Investment
13. BT Seed is associated with which among the following?
- Oil Seeds
14. The headquarters of International Atomic Energy Agency is in ?
15. In the Budget estimates of 2011-12, an allocation of Rs. 400 Crore has been made to bring in second green revolution in East in the rice based cropping system of ____?
- Assam and West Bengal
- Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar & Jharkhand
- Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar
- Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand , Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
16. In the Budget 2011-12, presented by the Finance Minister on 28.2.2011, the income tax limit for senior citizens has been increased to ?
- Rs. 2.50 Lakh
- Rs. 2.60 Lakh
- Rs. 2.80 Lakh
- Rs. 3.00 Lakh
17. If the Anglo Indian community does not get adequate representation in the Lok Sabha, two members of the community can be nominated by:
- Prime Minister
- President in consultation with Parliament
18. For the election of President of India, a citizen should have completed the age of___?
- 25 Years
- 35 Years
- 30 Years
- 18 Years
19. Who said: "Good citizen makes a good state and bad citizen makes a bad state"?
20. Member of parliament will lose his membership if he is continuously absent from sessions for
- 45 days
- 60 days
- 90 days
- 365 days
21. In India , Residuary Powers are vested in ___?
- Union Government
- State Government
- Both Union and State Government
- Local Government
22. Mention the place where Buddha attained enlightment?
23. Coronation of Shivaji took place in which year?
24. The system of Dyarchy was introduced in ___?
25. The editor of Young India and Harijan was ____?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Subhash Chandra Bose
26. Who of the following attended all the three round table conferences?
- B R Ambedkar
- M M Malviya
- Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Mahatma Gandhi
27. Which is the largest living bird on Earth?
- Siberian Crane
28. Rihand Dam project provides irrigation to ____?
- Gujarat & Maharastra
- Odisha and West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh and Bihar
- Kerala and Karnataka
29. The Headquarters of MCF (Master Control Facility) is
- Sri Harikota
30. Which is the longest irrigation canal in India?
- Sir hind Canal
- Yamuna Canal
- Indira Gandhi Canal
- East Kosi Canal