SSC Grad. Level Exam 2011 (3)
1. In the budget for 2011-12, the fiscal deficit (% of GDP) for 2011-12 has been projected at
2. Which was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as the ‘heart and soul’ of the Constitution?
- Right to Equality
- Right against Exploitation
- Right to Constitutional Remedies
- Right to Freedom of Religion
3. Which is not the concern of the local government?
- Public Health
- Law and Order
- Public Utility Services
4. In India, the concept-of single citizenship is adopted from
5. Who had proposed partyless democracy in India?
- Jaya Prakash Narayan
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Vinoda Bhave
- S.A. Dange
6. Disinvestment in Public Sector is called
7. Darwin finches refers to a group of
8. An individual’s actual standard of living can be assessed by
- Gross National Income
- Net National Income
- Per Capita Income
- Disposable Personal Income
9. As announced by the Finance Minister in his Budget speech on 28th February 2011, with a view to assist State in modernising their stamp and registration administration, E-stamping is expected to be rolled out in all the districts of different States in a period of
- one year
- two years
- three years
- five years
10. Which Sikh Guru called himself the Sachcha Badshah?
- Guru Gobind Singh
- Guru Hargovind
- Guru Tegh Bahadur
- Guru Arjan Dev
11. The Civil Disobedience Movement was launched by Mahatma Gandhi in
12. What is the maximum strength prescribed for State Legislative Assemblies?
13. Fa-hien visited India during the reign of
- Chandragupta II
14. At which place in Bengal was the East India Company given permission to trade and build a factory by the Mughals in 1651?
- Cassim Bazar
15. Diu is an island off
16. Which from the following is a landlocked sea?
- Red Sea
- Timor Sea
- North Sea
- Aral Sea
17. Shivasamudram Falls is found in the course of river
18. Who gave the slogan “Inquilab Zindabad”?
- Chandrashekhar Azad
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Bhagat Singh
19. The position of Indian Railways network in the world is
20. The oldest international airline is
- Dutch KLM
- Air Canada
- Qantas Railways
- Air Sahara
21. Which of the following can be used to absorb neutrons to control the chain reaction during nuclear fission?
- Heavy water
22. Hydrogen bomb is based on the principle of
- controlled fission reaction
- uncontrolled fission reaction
- controlled fusion reaction
- uncontrolled fusion reaction
23. Troposphere is the hottest part of the atmosphere because
- it is closest to the Sun
- there are charged particles in it
- it is heated by the Earth’s surface
- heat is generated in it
24. The outermost layer of the Sun is called
25. Where was India’s first computer installed?
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Iron & Steel Co. Ltd. Burnpur
- Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
26. The dried flower buds are used as a spice
27. The tissue in man where no cell division occurs after birth is
28. DNA fingerprinting is used to identify the
- All the above
29. The normal cholesterol level in human body is
- 80-120 mg%
30. Which of the following are warm-blooded animals?
- Whale sharks