SSC GL Exam 2014 - 19.10.14 (A.M.)
1. Cactus is referred to as
2. Which of the following is not a renewable resource?
- Geothermal heat
- Tidal power
- Radiant energy
3. Which of the following statements is correct?
- Mahadeo hills are in the west of Maikala hills.
- Mahadeo hills are the part of Karnataka Plateau.
- Mahadeo hills are in the east of Chhotanagpur Plateau
- Mahadeo hills are the part of Aravalli ranges.
4. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- Hevea Tree - Brazil
- Sumatra Storm - Malaysia
- Kayan River - Borneo
- Dekke Toba fish - Brazil
5. Which of the following resources is renewable one?
- Natural Gas
6. How many neck canal cells are found in the archegonium of a fern?
7. Which angiosperm is vesselless?
8. Who was the first child born after operative procedure?
9. Myrmecology is study of
10. NIN (National Institute of Nutrition) Central Office is located at
11. HIV often changes its shape due to the presence of an enzyme called
- Reverse Transcriptase
12. Fleming’s right hand rule is used to find the direction of the
- Alternate current
- Direct current
- Induced current
- Actual current
13. The unit of electrical power is
- Kilowatt hour
14. The resistance of the human body (dry condition) is of the order of
- 101 Ohm
- 102 Ohm
- 103 Ohm
- 104 Ohm
15. Certain substances loose their electrical resistance completely at super low temperature. Such substances are called
- super conductors
- semi conductors
- perfect conductors
16. The section of the CPU that selects, interprets and monitors the execution of program instructions is
- Register unit
- Control unit
17. Who among the following introduced the world’s first laptop computer in the market?
- Laplink travelling software Inc
18. Brass contains
- Copper and Zinc
- Copper and Tin
- Copper and Silver
- Copper and Nickel
19. Which is the purest commercial form of iron?
- Pig iron
- Stainless steel
- Wrought iron
20. In galvanization, iron is coated with
21. Which one of the following is also known as solution?
- A compound
- A homogeneous mixture
- A heterogeneous mixture
- A suspension
22. The cells which are closely associated and interacting with guard cells are
- Transfusion tissue
- Complementary cells
- Subsidiary cells
- Hypodermal cells
23. Conversion of starch to sugar is essential for
- Stomatal opening
- Stomatal closing
- Stomatal formation
- Stomatal growth
24. Soil erosion can be prevented by
- Increasing bird population
- Removal of vegetation
25. Natural sources of air pollution are
- Forest fires
- Volcanic eruptions
- Dust storm
- Smoke from burning dry leaves