Engineering Services Exam 2010
1. The giant oil and gas company Gazprom belongs to
2. In which of the regions of India do you find tropical rain forests?
- North-west and South
- Central India
- North –east only
- South-west and North-east
3. In recent times, “Spirulina” is being popularized as a rich source of some nutrients. It is a/an
- Flowering Plant
4. In which state is the famous Twang monastery located?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
5. When you travel in a car from Bhubaneshwar to Vishakhapatnam, which National Highway would you take?
6. What is the key ingredient in vinegar that you use in your diet?
- Acetic acid
- Ascorbic acid
- Benzoic acid
- Nicotinic acid
7. Which one of the following is used to induce artificial rain?
- Ammonium chloride
- Calcium carbonate
- Potassium Nitrate
- Silver Iodide
8. In the context of which one of the following is "Doha Round" mentioned frequently in news?
- Global climate change
- Global economic recession
- Global trade
- Global terrorism
9. Which one of the following kinds of organims causes malaria?
10. Which one of the following mineral elements is required for muscle contraction?
11. With which one of the following rivers does Chambal river merge?
12. Who of the following is the chairman of the National Water Resources Council?
- The Prime Minister of India
- The Union Minister of Water Resources
- The Union Minister of Agriculture
- The Union Minister of Earth Sciences
13. Which one of the following experience the least annual range of temperature?
- Arctic circle
- Tropic of Capricon
- Tropic of Cancer
14. In the context of Indian Defence, what is "Nag"?
- Nuclear powered submarine
- Inter-continental ballistic missile
- Indigenously built battle tank
- Anti-tank missile
15. The famous couple Jalabala Vaidya and Gopal Sharman are well known to be associated with:
- Environmental Education
- Wildlife documentaries
16. According to UNIDO's International Yearbook of Industrial Statistics 2010, out of the top 10 countires in manufacturing production, the two developing countries namely India and Brazil rank respectively:
- Sixth and seventh
- Seventh and eighth
- Eighth and ninth
- Ninth and tenth
17. Who of the following is the author of the book "Imagining India: Ideas for the New Century"?
- Aravind Adiga
- MJ Akbar
- Nandan Nilekani
- Shashi Tharoor
18. F-16 fighter planes are manufactured by:
- Bell Aircraft Corporation
- Boeing Aircraft Company
- Dassault Aviation
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company