SSC MTS Exam 2013 - 17.03.13
1. Name the Commander of the Arab army who conquered the Sindh.
- Muhammad bin Qasim
- Al Hazzaz
- Qutbuddin Albak
- Allauddin Khilji
2. Who was the chairperson of the Chinese Communist Party at the time of liberation of China?
- Liu Shaoqi
- Zhou Enlai
- Deng Xiaoping
- Mao Zedong
3. Who was regarded by Gandhiji as his political Guru?
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- Bipin Chandra Pal
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
4. Select the High Yielding varieties of seed-crops developed under Green Revolution in India.
- Wheat, Rice, Sugarcane, Pulses and Maize
- Rice, Wheat, Pulses, Oil seeds and Sugarcane
- Maize, Black-gram, Jowar, Coffee and Tea
- Rice, Wheat, Jowar, Bajra and Maize
5. In which year did Amartya Kumar Sen receive the Nobel Prize in Economics?
6. The worldwide Great Depression took place in
7. India is the largest producer and consumer of
8. A camera in the hands of a professional photographer is a _________ good.
9. Which among the following movements was not led by Mahatma Gandhi?
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Quit India Movement
- Swadeshi Movement
- Non-Cooperation Movement
10. Constitution of India came into force in
11. Cold War refers to
- tension between East and West
- ideological rivalry between Capitalist and Communist world
- tension between Superpowers
- All of the above
12. Which one of the following is not an All India Service?
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Forest Service
- Indian Administrative Service
13. In which session of the Indian national Congress was the "Poorna Swaraj" resolution adopted?
- Karachi Session in 1931
- Lucknow Session in 1916
- Belgaum Session in 1924
- Lahore Session in 1929
14. The school of arts developed during the Kushan Period with the mixture of Indian and Greek style is known as
- Mughal art
- Kushan art
- Persian art
- Gandhara art
15. Where was Christopher Columbus from?
16. Speed of processor chip is measured in
17. Which command is not used to switch off the computer?
- Turn off
- Log off
- Shut Down
18. Which one out of the following helps in burning?
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
19. In organic compounds, nitrogen is estimated by
- Dumas’ method
- Carius method
- Victor-Meyer’s method
- Liebig’s method
20. The busiest rail section in respect to goods transportation is
- Mumbai – Chennai section
- Delhi – Kolkata section
- Kolkata – Chennai section
- Delhi – Mumbai section
21. The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through
22.The country in East Asia which is most conspicuous for its decreasing population growth since 1981 is
- South Korea
23. The Sethusamudrara Ship Canal Project (SSCP) is supposed to reduce the distance between Chennai and Tuticorin by __________ nautical miles.
24. Cities with population from one to five million are called
- Million City
25. Master copy of genetic information is
26. Contraceptive pills in the market contain
- Inorganic compounds
27. Nematocysts are present in
- Sea anemone
28. Which of the following micro-organisms is used in milk curdling?