Click on the option you think is right, the correct answer and the explanation will be immediately available to you. Click on the RESET button to RESTART.
16. Five boys A, B, C, D, E are sitting in a park in a circle. A is facing South-West, D is facing South-East, B and E are right opposite A and D respectively and C is equidistant between D and B. Which direction is C facing?
17. A group of ten students shake hands with one another among themselves. What is the total number of shaking of hands?
Answer (d). 1st person shakes hands with 9 people and 2nd person with 8 people and 3rd person with 7 people and so on. Therefore ther total number of handshakes are the total of numbers from 1 to 9.
18. Six friends are sitting in a circle and playing cards. Kenny is to the left of Danny. Michael is in between Bobby and Johnny. Roger is in between Kenny and Bobby. Who is sitting to the right of Michael?
Answer (d). J, M, B, R, K and D.
19. Out the six members panel sitting in a row ‘U’ is to the left of ‘V’ but on the right of ‘W’ who is to the right of ‘X’ and ‘Y’ is at the right of ‘Z’ who is to the left of ‘X’. Find the members sitting right in the middle.
Answer (b). The sitting sequence you can derive at is V, U, W, X, Z and Y.
20. Of the six members of a panel sitting in a row X is to the left of Q but on the right of P. Y is on the right of Q but is on the left of Z. Z is to the left of R. Find the members who are at the extreme?
Answer (b). The sitting sequence is R, Z, Y, Q, X and P.
21. Six girls are standing in a circle facing to the centre. Bindu is to the left of Viji. Rekha is in between Bindu and Mumtaz. Jessi is in between Viji and Nirmala. Who is to the left of Mumtaz?
22. A group of friends are sitting in an arrangement one each at the corner of an octagon. All are facing the centre. Mahima is sitting diagonally opposite Rama, who is on Sushma’s right. Ravi is next to Sushma and opposite Girdhar, who is on Chandra’s left, Savitri is not on Mahima’s right but opposite Shalini. Who is on Shalini’s right?
23. Five girls M, N, O, P and Q are standing in a row. P is on the right of Q, N is on the left of Q, but is on the right of M. P is on the left of O. Who is standing on the extreme right?
Answer (c) O, P, Q, N and M.
24. Five children are standing in a row. O is third from M who is standing left of N, and P is on the left of Q who is second from N. What is the position of P from the right?
Answer (c). N, M, Q, P, and O.
25. Six persons A, B, C, D, E, F sit in 2 rows, 3 in each. If E is not at any end. D is second to left of F, C is neighbor of E and is sitting diagonally opposite to D and B is neighbor of F, who will be opposite to B?
Answer (b). The first row is C E A and the second row is F B D.
26. Six plays A, B, C, D, E and F are staged on six days of the week starting from Monday to Saturday. Play A is staged on Tuesday. Plays E, F and B are staged one after other in the same order. Play D is not staged on Monday or Wednesday. Which play is staged on Monday?
Answer (c). The sequence of staging the plays is C, A, E, F, B & D
27. Six friends A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing East. C is between A and E, B is just to the right of E but left of D. F is not at the right end. Who is on the extreme right?
Answer (b). Sitting sequence is F, A, C, E, B and D.
28. Six friends are sitting in a circle, A is facing E, B is to the right of E and left of C. C is to the left and F is to the right of A. Now D exchanges his seat with F. Who will be sitting to the left of D?
29. Among 5 persons A, B, C, D & E, B is taller than D and D is taller than A and C is taller than B but shorter than E. Who is the tallest?
Answer (d). The sequence when standing from shortest to tallest would be A - D - B - C - E.
30. Five children are sitting in a row. Papli is to the left of Munna and to the right of Onkar. Ruby is sitting to the right of Nannu but to the left of Onkar. Who is sitting in the middle?
Answer (c). The sequence in which they are sitting is Nannu - Ruby - Onkar - Papli - Munna.